PPG – The Pupil Premium Grant was introduced by the government in April 2011 and is a payment given to schools by the government, to support children from families on lower incomes to ensure they have all possible opportunities to make the same progress as their peers.
Children receive the pupil premium grant or ‘PPG’ if they are eligible for free school meals (year 3 and above), or if the household income is below a certain amount. Further details can be obtained from the school office, on how to apply for the grant.
At Husborne Crawley Lower School we spend our Pupil Premium Grant to support our children, in a range of ways:
- Small group work or one to one teaching, led by an experienced teacher, in Literacy and in Maths
- Timetabled opportunities for children to discuss their targets and how they are progressing towards their next steps for learning
- Small group work or one to one work, with a teaching assistant, to support learning in Phonics and Key Words
- Resources to support the teaching of intervention programmes, for example the Numicon Maths programme, and Phonics resources including books and games
- Music lessons to ensure all our children have the opportunity to learn to play a musical instrument and learn how to read music
- Educational After-school clubs
- Breakfast club from 8am
What impact does this have for our Pupil Premium children?
Please click here to see the latest analysis of progress made by disadvantaged children at our school: Husborne-Crawley-Pupil-Premium-Grant-Expenditure1819outcomesThe impact is reviewed and reported to governors on a termly basis. The expenditure will be reviewed and updated annually and is due to be reviewed in April 2020
Sports Funding: We have been very well supported by our membership of the Leighton and Linslade School Sports partnership (SSP). We have sent two members of staff on 36 % of the courses available to us, and we have received curriculum support in the following areas from PE Specialists within the SSP: Meeting and planning time with PE Coordinator, Golf CPD , Tennis CPD and Multi Skills Classroom support. Before the end of academic year the school has the opportunity to receive support on Lesson Observations, and Athletics.
Impact to Date from Sport Premium Membership:
2012 – 2013 SAINSBURY’S SPORTS AWARD– BRONZE
2013 – 2014 SAINSBURY’S SPORTS AWARD – SILVER
2014 – 2015 SAINSBURY’S SPORTS AWARD – GOLD
2015 – 2016 SCHOOL SPORTS AWARD – GOLD
2016 – 2017 SCHOOL SPORTS AWARD – GOLD
2017 – 2018 SCHOOL SPORTS AWARD – GOLD
2018 – 2019 SCHOOL SPORTS AWARD – PLATINUM
To see a breakdown of our Pupil Premium Grant expenditure and Sports Funding expenditure please click this link:
To read our impact report on the sports funding over 2018 – 2019 please click here: sports-funding-report-2018-19 Impact Review HCLS